Sweetheart Cupcakes for Two
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with two silicone or parchment muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, Swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the egg, butter, water, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Divide the batter among the two muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes, until the tops are firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mash the berries with a fork. Add the cream cheese, butter, and Swerve and beat until well combined. Add a little whipping cream to thin it out if necessary (it should be spreadable but not runny).
- Remove the cupcakes from the silicone or parchment liners.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the tops off the cupcakes (you want to cut it a little below where the cupcake liners came up). Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a hole in the tops.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of the filling over the cut-side of the bottom of each cupcake and replace the top. Use any remaining filling to fill in the heart.
Makes 2 cupcakes.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 14g|
|Total Carbs 30g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|