- 1 ¼ cup blanched hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups Swerve
- 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Toast nuts and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted butter and Swerve. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in nuts and lemon zest.
- On prepared baking sheet, form dough into a 3-inch wide log and bake 25 minutes. Let cool at least half an hour and up to overnight.
- Increase oven temperature to 375F.
- On the bias, slice into ½ inch slices and lay cut-side down back on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove and let cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios or sugar-free dried cranberries (optional).
Makes about 40 servings.
NET CARB COUNT. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting dietary fiber and Swerve used in the recipe.
Serving Size 1 (35g)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 140 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g 2g%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.