- 1 ¼ cup blanched hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups Swerve
- 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Toast nuts and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted butter and Swerve. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in nuts and lemon zest.
- On prepared baking sheet, form dough into a 3-inch wide log and bake 25 minutes. Let cool at least half an hour and up to overnight.
- Increase oven temperature to 375F.
- On the bias, slice into ½ inch slices and lay cut-side down back on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove and let cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios or sugar-free dried cranberries (optional).
Makes about 14 servings.
Serving Size 1 biscotti
|Total Fat 18g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 55g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 22g|