Swerve Dog Treats
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 TBS Swerve Granular + extra for sprinkling
- 1 TBS non-fat milk
- 1 apple, chopped and peeled
- 1 large egg or ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together peanut butter, Swerve Granular, milk, chopped apples, and egg with a spatula. Add the flour & baking powder. You might have to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface & use your hands to work the flour into the mix. The dough will be very thick & heavy.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out about ½ an inch thick. Top with sliced bananas.
- Using cookie cutters like these, cut shapes out of the dough. Arrange shapes onto your lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Swerve Granular.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven & flip treats and put back in the oven for another 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your 2 and 4 legged friends. (Yep, people can eat them too!)
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Store in freezer for up to 2 months. Dogs can enjoy right out of the freezer!
Pets of Swerve
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.