The Swerve Golden Cake
- 2 packages Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix
- 10 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 TBSP clear vanilla extract
- Natural yellow food coloring
- 2 cups salted butter
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 + ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 3-4 TBS milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 8-inch round cake pans and place parchment paper in bottom of pan.
- Add yolks, oil, water, food coloring, and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk for 3 minutes. The air bubbles are good for the cake to be light and fluffy when baked.
- Add Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake mix to wet ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a cake pans and bake for 23-26 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined, about 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium high, and mix for 10 minutes.
- Place one of the cake on a cake plate.
- Top with thick layer of chocolate frosting.
- Place other cake on top of the iced layer. Frost the remaining sides and top of the cake. Slice and serve!
*Note: To make this lower in calories, you can cut the frosting ingredients in half and leave the sides “naked.”
Makes 16 servings
Serving Size 136g
|Total Fat 47g|
|Total Saturated Fat 17g|
|Total Carbs 43g|
|Dietary Fiber 8g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.