The Swerve Golden Cake
- 2 packages Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix
- 10 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 TBSP clear vanilla extract
- Natural yellow food coloring
- 2 cups salted butter
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 + ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 3-4 TBS milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 8-inch round cake pans and place parchment paper in bottom of pan.
- Add yolks, oil, water, food coloring, and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk for 3 minutes. The air bubbles are good for the cake to be light and fluffy when baked.
- Add Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake mix to wet ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a cake pans and bake for 23-26 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined, about 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium high, and mix for 10 minutes.
- Place one of the cake on a cake plate.
- Top with thick layer of chocolate frosting.
- Place other cake on top of the iced layer. Frost the remaining sides and top of the cake. Slice and serve!
*Note: To make this lower in calories, you can cut the frosting ingredients in half and leave the sides “naked.”
Makes 16 servings
Serving Size 136g
|Total Fat 47g|
|Total Saturated Fat 17g|
|Total Carbs 43g|
|Dietary Fiber 8g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|