Triple Chocolate Scones
- 1 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted but not hot
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Lightly grease the paper or mat with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, Swerve, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the eggs, butter, and vanilla extract and stir until the dough comes together. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and pat out into an 8 inch circle. Cut into 8 equal wedges and carefully lift and space around the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until the top of the scones are firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
- For the chocolate drizzle, pour the cream into a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high until bubbling. Add the chopped chocolate and let sit 3 minutes to melt. Add the Swerve and whisk until smooth.
- Place the chocolate in a small ziploc bag and cut off the very tip of one corner. Drizzle over the cooled scones.
Serving Size 76g
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 8g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|