Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened whey protein
- 1 1/2 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup plus 2 ½ TBS and 1 tsp Swerve Granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS Mexican vanilla extract or use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- 1 cups butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1-2 TBS milk of choice
- 1 ½ TBS + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 325°F and place muffin liners in muffin/cupcake pan
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into cupcake pan. Bake 15- 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- After 5 minutes, remove from pan and place on baking rack. Let cupcakes completely cool.
Buttercream & Assembly
- With an electric mixer, combine all frosting ingredients. Start with ½ cups of Swerve, and increase to taste. Beat until well combined, about 10 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with icing spatula or piping bag.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.