- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened whey protein
- 1 1/2 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup plus 2 ½ TBS and 1 tsp Swerve Granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS Mexican vanilla extract or use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- 1 cups butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1-2 TBS milk of choice
- 1 ½ TBS + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 325°F and place muffin liners in muffin/cupcake pan
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into cupcake pan. Bake 15- 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- After 5 minutes, remove from pan and place on baking rack. Let cupcakes completely cool.
Buttercream & Assembly
- With an electric mixer, combine all frosting ingredients. Start with ½ cups of Swerve, and increase to taste. Beat until well combined, about 10 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with icing spatula or piping bag.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|