- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream and almond milk. Bring to just a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sweetener and salt until well combined.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream mixture into the yolks, whisking continuously. Then slowly whisk the yolk/cream mixture back into the saucepan and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 more minutes, whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Divide mixture among 4 dessert glasses. Chill until set, about 3 hours.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving Size about 3/4 cup
|Total Fat 31g|
|Total Saturated Fat 19g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.