- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream and almond milk. Bring to just a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sweetener and salt until well combined.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream mixture into the yolks, whisking continuously. Then slowly whisk the yolk/cream mixture back into the saucepan and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 more minutes, whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Divide mixture among 4 dessert glasses. Chill until set, about 3 hours.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving Size about 3/4 cup
|Total Fat 31g|
|Total Saturated Fat 19g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|