Vegan Savory Scone
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 ½ tsps baking powder
- 2 TBS chopped chives
- 1 TBS chopped rosemary
- ½ TBS minced garlic
- 4 TBS Swerve granular
- 4 TBS Earth Balance vegan butter stick or solid coconut oil (cold)
- 1 TBS Ground Flaxseed
- 3 TBS water
- 4 TBS Almond milk
- Mix ground flaxseed and water in bowl and set aside for at least an hour (this will act as your binding egg substitute, and the flaxseed will absorb the water).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl measure out almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, Swerve, rosemary, chives, garlic, and xanthan gum, and stir together. Set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet or round baking pan.
- Add vegan butter stick to flour mixture (I use a cheese grater to grate the butter into the flour mixture). Then blend the flour and vegan butter stick with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add ground flaxseed mixture and 4 TBS of milk, and mix into the flour/vegan butter stick mixture until well combined.
- Place dough onto an almond floured countertop or cutting board.
- Make the dough into a small circle, about 2 inches thick.
- Take a vegan buttered champagne flute or small biscuit cutter- and cut scones out of dough.
- Place them on cookie sheet near each other- edges have a little space between each one (when they cook you want the edges to touch so they stay soft).
- Place in oven and bake for 12–15 minutes until tops are golden brown, but you are sure dough is cooked through.
- Once scones come out of the oven, place in a bowl lined with a bread cloth, cloth napkin, or kitchen towel. Place scones in bowl and cover with cloth of choice (this keeps them moist and warm for serving).
Makes about 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 (37g)
|Total Fat 12g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|