Vegan Savory Scone
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 ½ tsps baking powder
- 2 TBS chopped chives
- 1 TBS chopped rosemary
- ½ TBS minced garlic
- 4 TBS Swerve granular
- 4 TBS Earth Balance vegan butter stick or solid coconut oil (cold)
- 1 TBS Ground Flaxseed
- 3 TBS water
- 4 TBS Almond milk
- Mix ground flaxseed and water in bowl and set aside for at least an hour (this will act as your binding egg substitute, and the flaxseed will absorb the water).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl measure out almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, Swerve, rosemary, chives, garlic, and xanthan gum, and stir together. Set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet or round baking pan.
- Add vegan butter stick to flour mixture (I use a cheese grater to grate the butter into the flour mixture). Then blend the flour and vegan butter stick with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add ground flaxseed mixture and 4 TBS of milk, and mix into the flour/vegan butter stick mixture until well combined.
- Place dough onto an almond floured countertop or cutting board.
- Make the dough into a small circle, about 2 inches thick.
- Take a vegan buttered champagne flute or small biscuit cutter- and cut scones out of dough.
- Place them on cookie sheet near each other- edges have a little space between each one (when they cook you want the edges to touch so they stay soft).
- Place in oven and bake for 12–15 minutes until tops are golden brown, but you are sure dough is cooked through.
- Once scones come out of the oven, place in a bowl lined with a bread cloth, cloth napkin, or kitchen towel. Place scones in bowl and cover with cloth of choice (this keeps them moist and warm for serving).
Makes about 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 (37g)
|Total Fat 12g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.