Brown Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
- 8 TBS unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Swerve
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup fine ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar free chips (dark or milk chocolate chips or chunks)
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9 X 11 pan and line with parchment paper. Mix together flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook butter, stirring frequently until it reaches a light amber color and has a nutty flavor.
- Pour into a larger mixing bowl. Whisk in Brown Swerve and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. Whisk in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients with a spatula until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread smoothly into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until the edges of the pan show blondies are cooked. It is okay if the middle of the blondies look undercooked (the middle bites will be ooey gooey when served; the outside will be more evenly cooked- something for everyone!).
- Remove oven and let cool. Cut and enjoy!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|