Keto “Oreo” Truffles
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- ⅓ cup extra dark cocoa powder (see recipe notes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tbsp water
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ ounce cocoa butter or 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sugar-free sprinkles, if desired (see recipe notes)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract, then stir in the water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the dough holds together.
- Scoop dough out by the rounded tablespoon and squeeze in your palm a few times to help it stick, then roll into a ball. Place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Freeze 1 hour.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the chopped chocolate and the cocoa butter or coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Drop a frozen truffle into the chocolate, tossing to coat thoroughly. Lift out with a fork and tap gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Return to the baking sheet to set. If using sprinkles to decorate, add them right away before the chocolate hardens. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Set in fridge for 20 minutes or so until chocolate is set.
Recipe notes: Extra dark cocoa powder or “black” cocoa powder is what’s traditionally used in Oreo cookies and gives them their distinct flavor.
Sugar-free sprinkles do exist! Three brands are now on the market. The Sprinkle Company is available on Etsy, and both Good Dee’s and Stoka can be purchased on Amazon.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 8g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 7g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|